Boost your immune system to help ward off the flu with this antioxidant- and vitamin-rich shake. Honey has anti-viral compounds, and mangoes are a real boon to your immunity as they’re one of the few fruits that boast the healthy vitamin cocktail of A, C and E. Blueberries are loaded with disease-destroying antioxidants plus anti-inflammatory agents.
Training and a busy lifestyle can compromise immune function. Whey protein helps prevent disease by increasing production of glutathione, which is the essential fuel of your immune system.
Thanks for watching!Visit Website
Healthy Flu-Fighter Shake Recipe
Ready in: 10 minutes
Makes: 1 serving
- ¼ cup frozen blueberries
- ¼ cup frozen mango pieces
- ¼ cup frozen cherries
- ½ cup sugar-free and fat-free vanilla yogurt
- 1 tsp. honey
- 1 scoop vanilla whey protein powder
- 1 tsp. flaxseed oil
- Place first 5 ingredients in a blender and process until smooth.
- Add protein powder and 1 to 2 tablespoons of water if needed to thin out the consistency.
3. Add flaxseed oil and blend on low to gently combine.
Nutrients per serving: Calories: 317, Total Fats: 7 g, Saturated Fat: 1 g, Trans Fat: 0 g, Cholesterol: 2 mg, Sodium: 122 mg, Total Carbohydrates: 33 g, Dietary Fiber: 3 g, Sugars: 29 g, Protein: 32 g, Iron: <0.5 mg